Friday, January 12, 2007

Magnetic Mecca Madness

Oh, the things magnets can do. I wonder if there is anything that they can't do. Crackpots never stop inventing new uses for "medicinal magnetism." People have an innate fascination and thorough lack of understanding of magnetism. So it should be of little wonder that magnetism is hijacked for all sorts of woo shenanigans.

But my colleague, Darren, sent me this gem from Little Green Footballs, and I confess it was news to me. And by "news," I mean "complete hogwash." But don't take my word for it. See for yourself.

Why switching from Greenwich to Mecca will put things right with Mean Time and Life in general.

Maybe it's just a bad translation. But I doubt it.

2 comments:

Darren said...

Thanks for the link!

Dean Baird said...

Thanks for the tip! I knew the US didn't own the monopoly on woo, but's nice to see concrete examples of international irrationalism.