Monday, July 08, 2013

AAPT Portland or Bust

I'm saddling up and getting ready to hit the trail for Portland State University and the 2013 AAPT Summer Meeting, July 13-17. I'm taking the scenic route and several days to get there. There will be stops in Yreka, Bandon, and Astoria along the way. Photographs may be taken; a zip line may be zipped.

At AAPT SM13 I'll be attending the W04 AP Physics 1 and 2 workshop led by Martha Lietz on Saturday and I'll be hosting the W42 Skepticism in the Classroom workshop on Sunday.

I've got my preliminary schedule of sessions and activities worked out, but I'm flexible enough to change plans at any time. (That's how I wound up at David Saltzberg's talk in Ann Arbor, and that turned out well.)

I look forward to the High School Share-a-thon and the Tuesday Night Demo Show: perennial favorites. I look forward to seeing PSU's giant barometer. And I very much look forward to reconnecting with friends I only get to see once a year (at these meetings). I'm a wee bit bummed that I'll be missing out on The Amazing Meeting which will be going on in Las Vegas July 11-14. This is the first time these two meetings have conflicted. I hope it's also the last.

1 comment:

Irish said...

This is awesome!