Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What's up with PhysicsBowl 2007?

I ask because I've been checking the official unofficial website at

http://phys.udallas.edu/AAPT/

and I'm not getting this year's results. I can see this year's test and answers, but not the results of the competition. If you know something I don't let me know.

You know what would be good in a situation like this? An online physics educator forum (see the post below).

UPDATE 1: Wednesday has come and gone; still no results. I posted a query to Richard Olenick, current head honcho/fearless leader of the AAPT Examinations Editorial Board; I'll let you know if I hear anything. In the meantime, it's fun to watch the page counter spin. When I started checking the page mentioned above, the counter was under 6000. At the moment of this update, it's pushing 9000. Yeah, I need to get out more.

UPDATE 2: The results are in. The Division 2 average was 17 out of 40 (typical of this challenging competition exam). In the California/Hawaii Region, first place went to Mission San Jose in Fremont, CA. Second place went to Mira Loma right here in Sacramento! The top scoring student in our Region/Division was Henry Tung of Torrey Pines in Santee, CA. Second place student was Erik Chen of Mira Loma! Congratulations to this year's winners. For complete results, click the link posted above.

No comments: