Saturday, January 12, 2019

Want to be ferocious in college? Take physics in high school!

I have been running poster-based ad campaigns to promote physics enrollment since the 1990s. (I tried personalized, direct mail prior to that, but that was troublesome and expensive.)

Previous campaigns were documented in previous blog posts: 2016 and 2012.

But after 30+ years of teaching, some things lose their novelty. Homecoming rallies. Actually, any rally. I could go on, but I digress.

I wanted to use a different campaign for Fall 2019 sign-up season. And that season is coming up soon.

Each of us has our own school community, culture, and instructional styles to work around when designing ads. I did my best to take these into account for this newly-minted campaign.

As with the previous campaigns there is a theme and variations on that theme. Some employ my own photographs. Others use found images, some more classic than others.

These may or may not work for me. Advertising is a fickle alchemy at best. You are certainly welcome to use them if you think they may work for you.

Click to embiggen.








No comments: