Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's not Memorex

It's live! Flora Lichtman and the team at NPR's Science Friday present another excellent lesson. This time, it's a high school student who can shatter a wine glass using his voice. If they ever incorporate that into a Glee plotline, I'll buy the season on DVD.



You'll recall that Adam and Jamie at Mythbusters found a singer who could pull off this stunt a few years ago.



Isn't it nice to have some post-WWII video to show when discussing resonance? Don't get me wrong; I'll still be showing the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, too. But it's always nice to have some material produced when the students were alive (or even from when I was alive).

1 comment:

Stevie Ray said...

That's pretty cool - assuming it's not one of those "sugar" glasses used by movie stuntfolk.
I can, with the power of my exhaled breath, MELT a wine glass - especially easy to do after eating a sardine pizza. Wheweee...