Thursday, July 07, 2011

Hall of fame and Phyz photo albums

Dean Baird's Phyz Home Page was designed in the late 1990's when I was taking my first baby steps into Hyper Text Markup Language. It was not intuitively obvious that a domain's home page needed to have a filename of "index.html."

The home page has not been changed much since those early days. Simple. Low bandwidth. Intended as a launch point to content. The day may come when a redesign is warranted. But that day is not today!

I made a couple changes to the site today. The Hall of Fame has been updated to reflect this year's new inductees. The Phyz Photo Album link now directs to the appropriate collection of my Flickr photo empire. I also added a link to Pearson's Conceptual Physics Lab Manual (Hewitt/Baird). And I added links to Arbor Scientific's Laser Beam Viewing Tank and Conceptual Physics Alive! Video Question Sets. Because if I can't flog my own stuff on my own home page, what's the point?

No comments: