Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Purity of Essence: The Rainbow Conspiracy

I fear this YouTuber is entirely sincere. The thought will haunt my dreams.



It's especially troubling that this woman claims to be a Northern Californian. And in fairness, she might have been heavily into drugs 20 years ago. Her recollection of sprinkler rainbows may have been clouded by hallucinogens. I speculate, grasping at straws in hopes of making sense of this science education epic fail.

So. Very. Troubling.

Hat tip to Skeptical Teacher, Matt Lowry.

9 comments:

Stevie (Weee Ooooo) Ray said...

I figure, 20 years ago, some "metallic oxide salts" got in to her "shroom supply" and precipitated in her dura mater. I'm a bit surprised that this nefarious conspiracy wasn't abetted by aliens. Ah yes, the Rainbow Connection has morphed into the Rainbow Conspiracy.
"I've got to go now - I'm wanted back on planet Earth."
Woody Allen

Francie said...

Wow, seriously, I'm speechless.

Anonymous said...

No Comment

Anonymous said...

No Comment

stevie (Weee Ooooo) Ray said...

Why can't "they" leave rainbows on the sun and moon (sic) where they belong?

kbot3000 said...

wow. and who says science education in America is dead? The level of misunderstanding of basic science is simply staggering. My wife grew up in India and simply cannot understand how such a rich country can manage to so poorly educate our youth. Sigh.

You may remember me as the incredibly annoying pain in the ass kid from 1994 AP physics. Well it turns out that I ended up getting a degree in physics, then another one, and finally 10 years after graduating high school I got my PhD in elementary particle physics. So perhaps not all is lost??

Rechargeable Batteries said...

Just a concerned citizen wondering about her water supply. lol

Converter said...

I think its not surprising everyone can do that at home but just keep in mind the direction of sunlight should be opposite to your direction

Anonymous said...

1