Friday, June 20, 2008

TAM: it's good to be back!

The 18-month wait has ended and TAM6 has convened. This year's TAM is at The Flamingo Las Vegas. Registration and reception allowed for reconnecting with "skeptical friends" Phil Plait (The Bad Astronomer), Swoopy and Derek (Skepticality), Glenn (Hindmost), Karen Stollznow, Susan, The Petersons (Desktop Icon & Carol), and Angela (Articulett). And to connect with Luciana, Mattus Maximus, Normal Dude, Lee, and a few others whose names I will soon internalize.


With Articulett's help, I got a groupie shot with Neil deGrasse Tyson. And yes, he is that tall. We look up to him in more ways than one.

More pics in "preview" form can be found here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could I request photos of Richard Saunders to be put up? There's quite a few people in Australia hoping for news of how he went!

Dean Baird said...

Thanks for stopping by. I really am working as fast as I can. But I am but one man. I'm posting the pics in the order in which they were received. Saunders is next in the queue as I write this. I can say that is presentation went swimmingly and was very well received.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dean! Are you associated with Dax Phyz, the simulator (http://phyz.ath.cx)? Other than the name I mean :) Best regards, Lars Bengtsson, LTH, Sweden.