Sunday, January 27, 2008

PTSOS2 Afterlinks: Recruitment posters

Counter-intuitive events are to physics teachers what metaphors are to English teachers. Or something like that. And with our energies focused on pedagogy, teacher in general have little reason to understand the value of marketing.

But I ask that you indulge me as I sing the praises of advertising your physics course. At Rio Americano, we advertise our physics course each year when students are signing up for classes. The counter-intuitive part is this: papering the campus with mini-posters worked better than any other "marketing" technique I tried.

Here are the posters I use. You can make better ones yourself, but these can serve as inspiration.

2 comments:

N said...

Hi I wanted to check out the posters again....but the link is broken!

Dean Baird said...

Fixed it! Thanks for the heads up!